FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
Q: Are your products certified to carry Dangerous Goods?
A: Our DG approved tinplate packaging products are certified to carry hazardous substances, with UN Dangerous Goods certification for Packaging Groups II and III. This applies to our Closed Head Drums, Open Head Pails with reseal lid and lever locking rings, Round Cans with Tripletite Closures, Micro Drums and Flasks.
Our steel pails, drums, cans, and components are manufactured and tested to Australian standards to meet Work Cover regulatory requirements for the safe transit and transportation of Dangerous Goods.
For more information about our Dangerous Goods Approved packaging products, please click on the links below:
- View the Tinplate Open Head Pails product page – Australian Work Cover certified and UN DG Approved
- View the Tinplate Closed Head Drums product page – Australian Work Cover certified and UN DG Approved
- View the Tinplate General Line Cans product page – Australian Work Cover certified and UN DG Approved
- View the full Steel Packaging range of products
For more information on our Dangerous Goods testing process and certificate details, please Contact Us.
- Read more about the Australian Dangerous Goods Code (7th Edition)
- Read more about Australian regulations for the transportation of Dangerous Goods
Q: I have a specific item in mind for my products, can I custom design my own packaging?
A: One of Perennial Packaging’s key strength is its ability to provide customised packaging solutions in steel packaging products including tinplate open head pails, tinplate closed head drums, and tinplate general line cans (for example, round cans with triple/double tight closures, micro drums, and flasks). We can also customise or source various closures and fittings to complement your product packaging.
We understand that your packaging needs are unique to your business. We are happy to collaborate with you to develop packaging products to suit your exact requirements for the efficient storage, filling, dispensing, and promotion of your products.
Contact Us today to discuss your ideas and unique packaging requirements, we may have just the right solution for you.
Q: What minimum order quantities apply for purchase?
A: We generally supply our tinplate pails, cans, drums and flasks by the carton, pallet or container load. Minimum order quantities do apply, which varies from product to product. We also provide custom made packaging products and accessories to suit your exact specifications. Customised packaging solutions also attract a minimum print run. Please contact us for more information about your specific requirement.
Q: Do you supply to locations outside of NSW?
A: Yes, although we are currently locally based in Sydney, Australia, we currently supply to customers located around Australia, New Zealand and the Asia Pacific region. Since we belong to a global network of supply partners and distributors, we have the resources to be able to supply to most locations around the world.
Q: What are your standard delivery timeframes?
A: You can generally expect delivery of floor stock items within 2 business days on receipt of your order. Exact delivery timeframes are dependent on the delivery location:
- NSW: within 1-2 business days.
- VIC / QLD: within 2-3 business days.
- Other Australian Locations: within 3-5 business days.
- For locations outside of Australia, delivery timeframes are dependent on your exact requirements.