Perennial Packaging is your sustainable packaging partner
As your sustainable packaging partner, we are committed to providing eco-friendly products with reliable supply for the longevity of our environment, our community and our mutual businesses.
Environmentally sustainable packaging products
For users of steel packaging pails, drums and cans, you will be pleased to know that steel, tinplate and its by products are 100% recyclable. This makes steel the most environmentally friendly packaging substrate available today.
Being 100% recyclable, the lifecycle of these materials is potentially endless without compromising on the strength and quality of the product.
Perennial Packaging actively endorses environmental sustainability by participating in and promoting recycling and carbon reduction programs.
How to recycle steel packaging
All types of steel can be recycled, including food tins, bottle tops, paint cans, aerosols and scrap metal.
- TIP: Recycle food cans by emptying contents and removing food residue, place the lid and any steel bottle tops inside the cans and squish the sides to close. It is not necessary to rinse the can or remove paper labels.
- TIP: Recycle paint tins by brushing any leftover paint onto newspaper and disposing in the bin. Air dry the tin with any residue paint prior to recycling.
- TIP: Recycle aerosol cans by first emptying all contents of the can, then remove any plastic nozzle where possible before recycling.
Quick facts about recycling steel packaging
Steel is continuously recyclable which means it can be recycled over and over without compromising its quality.
- All forms of steel is recyclable.
- Steel container recycling is on the rise while the rate of recycling for other materials has flatlined.
- Steel is North America’s most recycled material, it is recycled more than paper, plastic, aluminium and glass combined.
Sustainable Business Practices
Perennial Packaging is also committed to not only keep up with the latest trends in packaging manufacturing, but be on the front foot of industry innovations and leverage off our capabilities in sourcing and manufacturing abroad to offer market leading products and packaging solutions.
We pledge to continually invest in R&D, new technologies, and modern machinery, in order to support our customers with fast and efficient product development, integration into their production line and transition to market.
Furthermore, as your supply partner, we are dedicated to building lasting relationships for our mutual long term growth.